Saturday 9 January 2016

Organising challenge Week 1

The first weeks' challenge was to take down the Christmas decorations put all the important dates into my planner.

The decorations were taken down last Sunday and although I love having them up before and during Christmas, after Boxing Day I am itching to take them down. I do wait until after New Year though for the kids. Once they were taken down it always surprises me just how the house can seem to breathe again now there was less clutter. I can't wait to start de-cluttering every room. I recently purchased the Marie Kondo book that everyone is raving about. I have started to dip into it. Although she advocates clearing by category I am going to clear by room, simply because things of a certain category are generally found in a certain room. The only exception to that rule is my craft supplies as I need to get Craig to sort out his crap in the office (wait until you see the before picture of this room later in the year) then all my craft supplies will be in one place.

The second part of the challenge was to write down all the important dates in my planner. 

Important dates can include

  • Birthdays and Anniversaries
  • Medical Appointments
  • Insurance renewals
  • Subscription renewals
  • Car tax, insurance, MOT renewals
  • Holidays - school, work and family
I have found that task quite easy to do and it didn't take too long as I just needed to copy them from my old diary.



(A5 Ring bound planner from Paperchase)

(My customised divider for Days)

( List of birthdays and anniversaries)

(Example of things due in a month)

I do have another planner which I use which is smaller and in there I tend to write more about what is happening on a daily basis. This I keep in my handbag. I will tell you more about that in another post.

Looking forward to week 2.

Deborah


No comments:

Post a Comment